James Harden Trade Rumors: Will the 76ers Trade Him?
James Harden has requested a trade from the Philadelphia 76ers, according to multiple reports. The 10-time All-Star is reportedly unhappy with the team's performance and wants to play for a contender.
Harden was traded to the 76ers in February 2022 in a blockbuster deal that sent Ben Simmons to the Brooklyn Nets. He averaged 21.0 points, 10.7 assists, and 7.1 rebounds in 21 games with the 76ers, but the team was unable to reach the Eastern Conference Finals.
Harden is under contract for the 2022-23 season with a player option for the 2023-24 season. He is owed $35.6 million in 2022-23.
The 76ers are reportedly looking for a young All-Star player and multiple draft picks in return for Harden. The teams that have been mentioned as potential suitors for Harden include the Miami Heat, the New York Knicks, and the Los Angeles Lakers.
The 76ers are in a difficult situation. They have a lot of talent, but they have not been able to get over the hump and win a championship. Trading Harden would be a major move, but it could also be the best thing for the team.
If the 76ers trade Harden, they would need to find a way to replace his production. The team has Tyrese Maxey, but he is not yet a star player. The 76ers would also need to add some more depth to their roster.
Trading Harden would be a risky move, but it could also be the best thing for the 76ers. The team needs to make a change if they want to win a championship.
Here are some of the pros and cons of trading James Harden for the Philadelphia 76ers:
- The 76ers would get a young All-Star player and multiple draft picks in return for Harden.
- The 76ers would be able to rebuild their roster and become a contender for the future.
- The 76ers would get rid of Harden's contract, which is a major financial burden.
- The 76ers would lose their best player and their best chance to win a championship in the near future.
- The 76ers would have to rebuild their roster from scratch, which could take several years.
- The 76ers would likely have to trade away other key players in order to get a good return for Harden.
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to trade James Harden is up to the Philadelphia 76ers. The team has a lot to consider, but they need to make a decision that is in the best interests of the franchise.